Every year at this time, many homeowners decide to wait until after the holidays to put their homes on the market for the first time, while others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until after the holidays.
Here are seven great reasons not to wait:
1. Relocation buyers are out there. Many companies are still hiring throughout the holidays and need their employees in their new positions as soon as possible.
2. Purchasers who are looking for homes during the holidays are serious buyers and are ready to buy now.
3. You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. You will remain in control.
4. Homes show better when decorated for the holidays.
5. There is less competition for you as a seller right now. Let’s take a look at listing inventory as compared to the same time last year.
6. The desire to own a home doesn’t stop when the holidays come. Buyers who were unable to find their dream home during the busy spring and summer months are still searching!
7. The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. Also, in many parts of the country, new construction will continue to surge reaching new heights in 2018, which will lessen the demand for your house.
Waiting until after the holidays to sell your home probably doesn’t make sense.
Disclaimer: This article includes various forecasts and predictions for the Las Vegas housing market extending through 2018. These forward-looking statements were made by third parties not associated with our company. We have presented them here as an educational service to our readers. Real estate forecasts should be considered an educated guess, as they do not always proved to be accurate over time.
Team Leader, The Tonnesen Team
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Nevada
3185 St Rose Pkwy #100 Henderson, NV 89052
With over 30 years of experience helping families call Las Vegas "home!"
Related Blog Posts
Bark in the ParkMarch 8, 201410:00 AM - 3:00 PM Join The City of Henderson Parks and Recreation department as they celebrate the 11th anniversary of Bark in the Park. Bark in the Park activities will take place at one of Henderson’s newest parks, Cornerstone Park. Expect five hours of fun for you and your pet. B...
We live in California and became interested in purchasing our future home in Las Vegas. We had the pleasure of working with Kimberly. As a longtime resident, she is very knowledgeable about the area. We were interested in new development and Kimberly knew exactly where to take us. We weren’t too familiar with the...
Casa de Shenandoah, former residence of Las Vegas icon Wayne Newton since 1968, has been "reorganized" out of bankruptcy and is now up for sale for a modest $70M! The property is located just down the street from the Primm Estate, which is also currently up for sale, though only for a mere $16,500,000. Here's an aerial...
Credit Suisse just released their own graphic on the Las Vegas housing market, indicating higher real estate prices can be expected with the continuing low inventory. Credit Suisse also predicted an increase in new home sales....
Credit: www.mycreditguy.com "When I see credit reports with lower scores, there is almost always one factor in common, high credit card utilization. Check out this quick video that will talk about how the credit scoring algorithm factors in your "balance to limit ratio" and how you can actually use this to your adva...