Every year at this time, many homeowners decide to wait until after the holidays to put their homes on the market for the first time, while others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until after the holidays.
Here are seven great reasons not to wait:
1. Relocation buyers are out there. Many companies are still hiring throughout the holidays and need their employees in their new positions as soon as possible.
2. Purchasers who are looking for homes during the holidays are serious buyers and are ready to buy now.
3. You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. You will remain in control.
4. Homes show better when decorated for the holidays.
5. There is less competition for you as a seller right now. Let’s take a look at listing inventory as compared to the same time last year.
6. The desire to own a home doesn’t stop when the holidays come. Buyers who were unable to find their dream home during the busy spring and summer months are still searching!
7. The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. Also, in many parts of the country, new construction will continue to surge reaching new heights in 2018, which will lessen the demand for your house.
Waiting until after the holidays to sell your home probably doesn’t make sense.
Disclaimer: This article includes various forecasts and predictions for the Las Vegas housing market extending through 2018. These forward-looking statements were made by third parties not associated with our company. We have presented them here as an educational service to our readers. Real estate forecasts should be considered an educated guess, as they do not always proved to be accurate over time.
Team Leader, The Tonnesen Team
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Nevada
3185 St Rose Pkwy #100 Henderson, NV 89052
With over 30 years of experience helping families call Las Vegas "home!"
Related Blog Posts
What are the top challenges your home buyers face this year? A recent survey from realtor.com® reveals the following: 1. Low inventories: There aren’t enough homes for sale and inventory woes are expected to worsen this year. Active inventory in December 2016 on realtor.com® dropped 11 percent compa...
Savvy buyers know: the month of the December is THE very best time of the year to pick up deals on real estate in Las Vegas! Most markets across the United States have a much longer "slow" season for real estate purchases. In the southern sunbelt, which is traditionally snowbird country, the summer months are the best...
Following several weeks of decreases, mortgage rates were back on the rise this week. "The 10-year Treasury yield increased more than 10 basis points this week,” says Sean Becketti, Freddie Mac’s chief economist. “The 30-year mortgage rate moved up as well to 4.19 percent, a 10 basis point ju...
Selling a home is a business -- take the personal out of it Key Takeaways: Sellers should keep the home in a ready-to-show state, which means toning down decor, cranking the air conditioning and turning up the lights. The sellers have decluttered, painted, made repairs and spiffed up the lands...