Every year at this time, many homeowners decide to wait until after the holidays to put their homes on the market for the first time, while others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until after the holidays.
Here are seven great reasons not to wait:
1. Relocation buyers are out there. Many companies are still hiring throughout the holidays and need their employees in their new positions as soon as possible.
2. Purchasers who are looking for homes during the holidays are serious buyers and are ready to buy now.
3. You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. You will remain in control.
4. Homes show better when decorated for the holidays.
5. There is less competition for you as a seller right now. Let’s take a look at listing inventory as compared to the same time last year.
6. The desire to own a home doesn’t stop when the holidays come. Buyers who were unable to find their dream home during the busy spring and summer months are still searching!
7. The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. Also, in many parts of the country, new construction will continue to surge reaching new heights in 2018, which will lessen the demand for your house.
Waiting until after the holidays to sell your home probably doesn’t make sense.
Disclaimer: This article includes various forecasts and predictions for the Las Vegas housing market extending through 2018. These forward-looking statements were made by third parties not associated with our company. We have presented them here as an educational service to our readers. Real estate forecasts should be considered an educated guess, as they do not always proved to be accurate over time.
Team Leader, The Tonnesen Team
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Nevada
3185 St Rose Pkwy #100 Henderson, NV 89052
With over 30 years of experience helping families call Las Vegas "home!"
Related Blog Posts
We are often asked what are the most popular neighborhoods in Las Vegas or Henderson. Let's find out and ask the residents! Choose your favorite neighborhood from the list below and cast your vote for the best community in Las Vegas. If you don't see your favorite listed, feel free to post in the comment section below....
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Nevada’s 1.95 percent population growth rate from July 2015 to July 2016 made it the second fastest-growing state in the country. With the state’s official population nearing the three million mark, how is infrastructure keeping up with growth? Major Road P...
Catch the attention of other sellers for outstanding work with homes that move quickly. If you are working with homeowners who are considering selling their home this winter, you may want to help them identify the renovation areas where they’ll get the best return for their dollar. This way, you’ll...