Every year at this time, many homeowners decide to wait until after the holidays to put their homes on the market for the first time, while others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until after the holidays.
Here are seven great reasons not to wait:
1. Relocation buyers are out there. Many companies are still hiring throughout the holidays and need their employees in their new positions as soon as possible.
2. Purchasers who are looking for homes during the holidays are serious buyers and are ready to buy now.
3. You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. You will remain in control.
4. Homes show better when decorated for the holidays.
5. There is less competition for you as a seller right now. Let’s take a look at listing inventory as compared to the same time last year.
6. The desire to own a home doesn’t stop when the holidays come. Buyers who were unable to find their dream home during the busy spring and summer months are still searching!
7. The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. Also, in many parts of the country, new construction will continue to surge reaching new heights in 2018, which will lessen the demand for your house.
Waiting until after the holidays to sell your home probably doesn’t make sense.
Disclaimer: This article includes various forecasts and predictions for the Las Vegas housing market extending through 2018. These forward-looking statements were made by third parties not associated with our company. We have presented them here as an educational service to our readers. Real estate forecasts should be considered an educated guess, as they do not always proved to be accurate over time.
Team Leader, The Tonnesen Team
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Nevada
3185 St Rose Pkwy #100 Henderson, NV 89052
With over 30 years of experience helping families call Las Vegas "home!"
Related Blog Posts
Here are the top six myths about online property shopping -- busted As real estate agents, we’ve all been on the receiving end of internet leads. Whether they be for one of our own listings or for a property in a ZIP code or territory that we are paying for, engaging, working with and converting these leads...
Consumer confidence in housing is at an all-time high, with millennials posting strong increases in confidence, according to new data from Fannie Mae. The Fannie Mae Home Purchase Sentiment Index (HSPI) spiked by 5.6 percentage points last month to 88.3, the highest it’s been since Fannie started keeping...
December existing-home sales dipped 3.6 percent month-over-month, but the year was still the best since 2006 Existing-home sales decreased 3.6 percent to a seasonally adjusted annual rate (SAAR) of 5.57 million in December — dipping from a downwardly revised 5.78 in November, the National Associa...
I was invited to list a home and I brought my listing packet to the meeting, showing recent neighborhood sales and my marketing plan, along with my suggested pricing. The sellers were meticulous in reviewing the comparable properties and then asked to list it about $15,000 higher than the most recent sale. ...
Check out our newest listing - brand new on the market today and value priced at only $215k! Absolutely gorgeous MINT CONDITION Solera Whitney model in Anthem - Henderson, NV! Bright and airy 1596 sf one story with great room floor plan, tile floors and upgraded carpet, spacious island kitchen with corian counters, tw...