Every year at this time, many homeowners decide to wait until after the holidays to put their homes on the market for the first time, while others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until after the holidays.
Here are seven great reasons not to wait:
1. Relocation buyers are out there. Many companies are still hiring throughout the holidays and need their employees in their new positions as soon as possible.
2. Purchasers who are looking for homes during the holidays are serious buyers and are ready to buy now.
3. You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. You will remain in control.
4. Homes show better when decorated for the holidays.
5. There is less competition for you as a seller right now. Let’s take a look at listing inventory as compared to the same time last year.
6. The desire to own a home doesn’t stop when the holidays come. Buyers who were unable to find their dream home during the busy spring and summer months are still searching!
7. The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. Also, in many parts of the country, new construction will continue to surge reaching new heights in 2018, which will lessen the demand for your house.
Waiting until after the holidays to sell your home probably doesn’t make sense.
Disclaimer: This article includes various forecasts and predictions for the Las Vegas housing market extending through 2018. These forward-looking statements were made by third parties not associated with our company. We have presented them here as an educational service to our readers. Real estate forecasts should be considered an educated guess, as they do not always proved to be accurate over time.
Team Leader, The Tonnesen Team
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Nevada
3185 St Rose Pkwy #100 Henderson, NV 89052
With over 30 years of experience helping families call Las Vegas "home!"
Related Blog Posts
by Anna Sobrevinas 29 Mar 2017 January marked 31 months of home price gains as it saw a 5.9% annual gain, compared with a 5.7% annual gain the month before, according to new data from S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller. Year-over-year, the index’s 10-city Composite saw a 5.1% annual increa...
We live in California and became interested in purchasing our future home in Las Vegas. We had the pleasure of working with Kimberly. As a longtime resident, she is very knowledgeable about the area. We were interested in new development and Kimberly knew exactly where to take us. We weren’t too familiar with the...
This beautiful Las Vegas home is located in the heart of Summerlin very close to schools, shopping, and freeway. It has 4 bedrooms 2 1/2 baths with a formal living room and dining room. Contact the team at GreatLasVegasHomes.com to learn more. Take a Virtual Tour of the property Check out our Video Tour...
Didn’t think you could afford Las Vegas real estate? Now you can own a condo right on Las Vegas Boulevard for only $125k! Sneak preview - own your piece of the fabulous Las Vegas Strip for a fraction of the usual cost. Located right between the between the beautiful Bellagio and the vibrant MGM City Center in the hea...
I have the highest regard for most of my fellow Realtors. They are some of the hardest working (and most under-appreciated) people I know. But I have a real problem when a Realtor’s greed gets in the way of the client’s best interest. Those are the agents that give the rest of us a bad name. I got a call a couple o...