Every year at this time, many homeowners decide to wait until after the holidays to put their homes on the market for the first time, while others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until after the holidays.
Here are seven great reasons not to wait:
1. Relocation buyers are out there. Many companies are still hiring throughout the holidays and need their employees in their new positions as soon as possible.
2. Purchasers who are looking for homes during the holidays are serious buyers and are ready to buy now.
3. You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. You will remain in control.
4. Homes show better when decorated for the holidays.
5. There is less competition for you as a seller right now. Let’s take a look at listing inventory as compared to the same time last year.
6. The desire to own a home doesn’t stop when the holidays come. Buyers who were unable to find their dream home during the busy spring and summer months are still searching!
7. The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. Also, in many parts of the country, new construction will continue to surge reaching new heights in 2018, which will lessen the demand for your house.
Waiting until after the holidays to sell your home probably doesn’t make sense.
Disclaimer: This article includes various forecasts and predictions for the Las Vegas housing market extending through 2018. These forward-looking statements were made by third parties not associated with our company. We have presented them here as an educational service to our readers. Real estate forecasts should be considered an educated guess, as they do not always proved to be accurate over time.
Team Leader, The Tonnesen Team
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Nevada
3185 St Rose Pkwy #100 Henderson, NV 89052
With over 30 years of experience helping families call Las Vegas "home!"
Related Blog Posts
Take advantage of this rare opportunity to buy a brand new model home in Las Vegas with a builder leaseback! One of the developers in Mountain's Edge, a beautiful master planned community on the southwest edge of Las Vegas, is selling a gorgeous fully furnished model home LOADED with upgrades on an oversized lot with a...
The New Year has arrived, and if you’re looking for a house, you might be down to the wire. Should you go all in and purchase now or wait until the spring? There are multiple things to consider before purchasing a house; location, square footage and style are just three o...
by Lisa Albarian If you’re a Foodie or if you simply enjoy food, Las Vegas has a lot to offer! If you haven’t experienced the whole Food Truck thing, be sure to check this out: Coming up November 2 – 4 at The Silverton (just south of The Strip) is the Las Vegas Foodie Fest. If you watched the current season of...
October is a fabulous month for feasting, feting and frightening! Here are just a few of the great events you can attend around the Las Vegas Valley. Cowboy Barbecue of Henderson Enjoy downtown Henderson's BBQ Cook Off competition and festival. Featuring the best BBQ vendors from across the U.S. Previous notable award...