Every year at this time, many homeowners decide to wait until after the holidays to put their homes on the market for the first time, while others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until after the holidays.
Here are seven great reasons not to wait:
1. Relocation buyers are out there. Many companies are still hiring throughout the holidays and need their employees in their new positions as soon as possible.
2. Purchasers who are looking for homes during the holidays are serious buyers and are ready to buy now.
3. You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. You will remain in control.
4. Homes show better when decorated for the holidays.
5. There is less competition for you as a seller right now. Let’s take a look at listing inventory as compared to the same time last year.
6. The desire to own a home doesn’t stop when the holidays come. Buyers who were unable to find their dream home during the busy spring and summer months are still searching!
7. The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. Also, in many parts of the country, new construction will continue to surge reaching new heights in 2018, which will lessen the demand for your house.
Waiting until after the holidays to sell your home probably doesn’t make sense.
Disclaimer: This article includes various forecasts and predictions for the Las Vegas housing market extending through 2018. These forward-looking statements were made by third parties not associated with our company. We have presented them here as an educational service to our readers. Real estate forecasts should be considered an educated guess, as they do not always proved to be accurate over time.
Team Leader, The Tonnesen Team
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Nevada
3185 St Rose Pkwy #100 Henderson, NV 89052
With over 30 years of experience helping families call Las Vegas "home!"
Related Blog Posts
I had a VA client who was told by their lender that they did not have to pay closing costs. One of the things I do for all my clients is to explain the buying process and with a VA loan, I explain they may qualify for no money down but there are still closing costs. I asked my client to check with their lender what the...
Marcell Appelgren a member of the #1 Team Tonnesen Team at Berkshire Hathaway Home Services, Nevada Properties has closed on another Beautiful Henderson Home in the desirable Seven Hills Community nestled in South of Las Vegas. The process started a year ago when Graham and Laura moved to Las Vegas from North Caroli...
It’s been a year since the start of the Great Recession but it appears that the slow recovery of the US housing market is almost complete.Most markets have returned to normal according to an analysis by the Joint Center for Housing Studies of Harvard University. Its State of the Nation’s Housing report sho...
“But my Zestimate is higher than that”: 11 Things Sellers Should Know About Zillow's "Zestimate" calculations
Key Takeaways Zestimates do not take the finishes or updates into account -- the insides of the properties. Agents should describe to sellers how the Zestimate is calculated, and they can use the explanations on Zillow's own...
Debra Leatham, a premier agent on the #1 Tonnesen Team at Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Nevada Properties would like to share her experience in assisting a family in the purchase of a brand new home here in Las Vegas. This beautiful new home is located in the Richmond American community of Centennial Valley, just...