Every year at this time, many homeowners decide to wait until after the holidays to put their homes on the market for the first time, while others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until after the holidays.
Here are seven great reasons not to wait:
1. Relocation buyers are out there. Many companies are still hiring throughout the holidays and need their employees in their new positions as soon as possible.
2. Purchasers who are looking for homes during the holidays are serious buyers and are ready to buy now.
3. You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. You will remain in control.
4. Homes show better when decorated for the holidays.
5. There is less competition for you as a seller right now. Let’s take a look at listing inventory as compared to the same time last year.
6. The desire to own a home doesn’t stop when the holidays come. Buyers who were unable to find their dream home during the busy spring and summer months are still searching!
7. The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. Also, in many parts of the country, new construction will continue to surge reaching new heights in 2018, which will lessen the demand for your house.
Waiting until after the holidays to sell your home probably doesn’t make sense.
Disclaimer: This article includes various forecasts and predictions for the Las Vegas housing market extending through 2018. These forward-looking statements were made by third parties not associated with our company. We have presented them here as an educational service to our readers. Real estate forecasts should be considered an educated guess, as they do not always proved to be accurate over time.
Team Leader, The Tonnesen Team
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Nevada
3185 St Rose Pkwy #100 Henderson, NV 89052
With over 30 years of experience helping families call Las Vegas "home!"
Related Blog Posts
The relationship you have with your real estate agent can set the tone for the entire home buying process. Your agent is supposed to help you find a property you can afford and work with the seller to negotiate the details of the purchase. But problems could arise if you’re on different wavelengths...
The Tonnesen Team, Berkshire Hathaway’s #1 team in Las Vegas, is proud to present this single-family home for sale in Henderson, Nevada. 940 Marlberry Place with its red tile roof and 2 car garage sit on a large corner lot with a mature shade tree accenting its desert landscaping and a bubble drip sys...
Pending home sales spiked 5.5% month over month in February to their highest level in almost a year and the second-highest in almost a decade, according to the National Association of Realtors. NAR’s Pending Home Sales Index hit 112.3 in February, up from 106.4 in January. Year-over-year, February&rsqu...