Every year at this time, many homeowners decide to wait until after the holidays to put their homes on the market for the first time, while others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until after the holidays.
Here are seven great reasons not to wait:
1. Relocation buyers are out there. Many companies are still hiring throughout the holidays and need their employees in their new positions as soon as possible.
2. Purchasers who are looking for homes during the holidays are serious buyers and are ready to buy now.
3. You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. You will remain in control.
4. Homes show better when decorated for the holidays.
5. There is less competition for you as a seller right now. Let’s take a look at listing inventory as compared to the same time last year.
6. The desire to own a home doesn’t stop when the holidays come. Buyers who were unable to find their dream home during the busy spring and summer months are still searching!
7. The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. Also, in many parts of the country, new construction will continue to surge reaching new heights in 2018, which will lessen the demand for your house.
Waiting until after the holidays to sell your home probably doesn’t make sense.
Disclaimer: This article includes various forecasts and predictions for the Las Vegas housing market extending through 2018. These forward-looking statements were made by third parties not associated with our company. We have presented them here as an educational service to our readers. Real estate forecasts should be considered an educated guess, as they do not always proved to be accurate over time.
Team Leader, The Tonnesen Team
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Nevada
3185 St Rose Pkwy #100 Henderson, NV 89052
With over 30 years of experience helping families call Las Vegas "home!"
Related Blog Posts
Why CMAs, appraisals and listing prices aren't always important Key Takeaways Many buyers mistakenly listen to the advice of friends and family before consulting an agent. A home is always worth what the highest bidder is willing to pay. With an extreme shortage of housing in...
October 2017 Single Family Residential (SFR) closed sales were up 1.6% from September and up 13.2% compared to October 2016. Year to date 2017 closed sales are still up 9.8% over 2016. The median closed sales price of a SFR dipped to $263,000 while the average closed sales price of an SFR ju...
Through October 9th Toll Brothers is giving away up to $14,200 in incentives to buyers that purchase new homes in Las Vegas during their national sales event. Toll Brothers is one of America’s highest quality home builders, with outstanding upgrades included as standard options. Buy a new home from Toll Brothers duri...
It's A Buyers Market In Las Vegas Real estate is one of the most prosperous investment avenues where you can expect your money to grow. The real estate market is supposed to boom in Las Vegas as with each passing day the demand for homes is growing. It is important for you to know the right approach to a buyer...
A lot of people think the best time to buy a house is during the Spring market. And, it is… …in the sense that more houses are listed for sale in the Spring. But, there’s also a heck of a lot more buyers trying to buy those listings. The thing is, some of the houses listed back in...