Every year at this time, many homeowners decide to wait until after the holidays to put their homes on the market for the first time, while others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until after the holidays.
Here are seven great reasons not to wait:
1. Relocation buyers are out there. Many companies are still hiring throughout the holidays and need their employees in their new positions as soon as possible.
2. Purchasers who are looking for homes during the holidays are serious buyers and are ready to buy now.
3. You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. You will remain in control.
4. Homes show better when decorated for the holidays.
5. There is less competition for you as a seller right now. Let’s take a look at listing inventory as compared to the same time last year.
6. The desire to own a home doesn’t stop when the holidays come. Buyers who were unable to find their dream home during the busy spring and summer months are still searching!
7. The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. Also, in many parts of the country, new construction will continue to surge reaching new heights in 2018, which will lessen the demand for your house.
Waiting until after the holidays to sell your home probably doesn’t make sense.
Disclaimer: This article includes various forecasts and predictions for the Las Vegas housing market extending through 2018. These forward-looking statements were made by third parties not associated with our company. We have presented them here as an educational service to our readers. Real estate forecasts should be considered an educated guess, as they do not always proved to be accurate over time.
Team Leader, The Tonnesen Team
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Nevada
3185 St Rose Pkwy #100 Henderson, NV 89052
With over 30 years of experience helping families call Las Vegas "home!"
Related Blog Posts
Through October 9th Toll Brothers is giving away up to $14,200 in incentives to buyers that purchase new homes in Las Vegas during their national sales event. Toll Brothers is one of America’s highest quality home builders, with outstanding upgrades included as standard options. Buy a new home from Toll Brothers duri...
Score in the Super Bowl of Las Vegas real estate with seller financing on two great homes for sale in the 89074 zip code in the Green Valley area! 2514 Via Di Autostrada Quaint and cozy three bedroom 2 bath 2 car garage home in a storybook Green Valley Ranch community with small park. Light and airy, vaulted ceilings,...
January proved to be a good start for the new year, as housing demand rose by 6.5%, according to Redfin.The company’s housing demand index reached a seasonally adjusted level of 130 last month, the highest since Redfin started tracking demand in January 2013.Year-over-year, buyer demand rose by 22.9%; tour reques...
Gross Domestic Product, the broadest measure of economic activity, climbed to a more normal 3.1 percent in the second quarter, up from 1.2 percent in the first quarter. Home loan rates bounced around due to tensions with North Korea, debt ceiling debates and devastating hurricanes, but they remained just above all-tim...
Home prices in the U.S. increased 6 percent in the first quarter from a year earlier as competition heated up for a scarcity of listings. Prices rose 1.4 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis from the previous three months, the Federal Housing Finance Agency said in a statement Wednesday. In March, prices cli...