Every year at this time, many homeowners decide to wait until after the holidays to put their homes on the market for the first time, while others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until after the holidays.
Here are seven great reasons not to wait:
1. Relocation buyers are out there. Many companies are still hiring throughout the holidays and need their employees in their new positions as soon as possible.
2. Purchasers who are looking for homes during the holidays are serious buyers and are ready to buy now.
3. You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. You will remain in control.
4. Homes show better when decorated for the holidays.
5. There is less competition for you as a seller right now. Let’s take a look at listing inventory as compared to the same time last year.
6. The desire to own a home doesn’t stop when the holidays come. Buyers who were unable to find their dream home during the busy spring and summer months are still searching!
7. The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. Also, in many parts of the country, new construction will continue to surge reaching new heights in 2018, which will lessen the demand for your house.
Waiting until after the holidays to sell your home probably doesn’t make sense.
Disclaimer: This article includes various forecasts and predictions for the Las Vegas housing market extending through 2018. These forward-looking statements were made by third parties not associated with our company. We have presented them here as an educational service to our readers. Real estate forecasts should be considered an educated guess, as they do not always proved to be accurate over time.
Team Leader, The Tonnesen Team
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Nevada
3185 St Rose Pkwy #100 Henderson, NV 89052
With over 30 years of experience helping families call Las Vegas "home!"
Related Blog Posts
This year I decided to take a cruise to the Caribbean for my birthday, and I saw some pretty amazing real estate along the way! I thought it would be fun to share some photos of the luxury custom homes I saw overlooking the emerald blue waters surrounding Tortola, Antigua, Barbados, St. Lucia and St. Barts. Our first...
They say that a picture is worth a 1000 words – in real estate, that can be a good thing or a bad thing. Even keeping in mind that real estate agents are not professional photographers, over the years we have seen some real doozies posted on the Internet! Those are the ones that are certainly not going to sell the ho...
This 6 bedroom home in a guard-gated community at Green Valley Ranch is an elegant home. Take a Matterport 3D Tour, and explore all of the property from your computer. Learn more about THIS PROPERTY! ...
VA Buyers find their dream home! Anthony Alfonzo of the #1 Tonnesen Team here at Berkshire Hathaway had the distinct pleasure to represent a proud military veteran and his lovely family. This Las Vegas home was the one they wanted to settle down in and raise their two younger daughters and still have room for their...