You can unknowingly sabotage your home financing goals by making some obvious and not-so-obvious moves with your finances. Check out the list below to see if you know the top 10 things NOT to do when you are in the process of buying a home or refinancing.
- Transfer money between accounts, unless receiving complete documentation from your bank, itemizing all transfers.
- Make unnecessary checking or savings account transactions, such as withdrawals or deposits
- Leave an existing job - changing jobs may mean you don't have an appropriate work history, especially if you change fields of employment as well.
- Allow your bank accounts to go into a negative balance, even if you have overdraft protection
- Apply for credit in any form, including