Foreign national mortgages for Las Vegas investment properties are back!
Finally there is once again a company which can finance mortgage loans for foreign nationals that want to buy investment real estate in Las Vegas. The minimum down payment is 50% of the appraised value with a minimum loan amount of $100k, so properties purchased must be $200k or greater to meet program guidelines. The main program requirements are as follows:
- All foreign properties owned by the borrower must be listed on the Schedule of Real Estate Owned. Verification of mortgage payments, taxes and insurance is required
- A three year history of residence and job history is required.
- A US credit report is required if borrower already has a TIN or SS#
- An international credit report is required if no US credit report is available
- TIN or SS# is mandatory before funding, Visa or Passport allowing entry into the US is required for each borrower
- Most recent 2 months personal asset statements, with all pages included must be supplied. No screen shots.
- Foreign asset accounts must be approved by underwriting for down payment and reserves. It is preferred that funds be transferred to a US bank account. Any money transfer from a foreign account must be sourced.
- All foreign assets must be converted to US dollars on the application.
- Deposits must be sourced properly. If not able to source, then deposit(s) will not be counted.
- Business assets and Gift Funds may be allowed on a case by case basis
- If a borrower is married, and if full value of joint asset accounts is needed to qualify, then the spouse must be added to the application. Otherwise only 50% of the asset balances can be used for joint accounts.
- Foreign REO: 12 months PITI in reserves is required for each property
- Wage Earner: Most recent pay stub showing YTD income is required and most recent year’s W2 equivalent
- Self Employed: Prior 2 years personal and business tax returns plus a current Year to Date Profit and Loss Statement. CPA summary translation to English and US Dollar equivalents are required.
- Written Verification of Employment must be translated to English
- Foreign REO rental income may be considered, at 75% of gross rental, with 6 months canceled checks and a current lease agreement.
Team Leader, The Tonnesen Team
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Nevada
3185 St Rose Pkwy #100 Henderson, NV 89052
With over 30 years of experience helping families call Las Vegas "home!"
Related Blog Posts
Shortsale? Foreclosure? Bankruptcy? You may NOT have to wait 3 years or more to buy your next home under the new HUD “Back to Work” initiative announced August 15th. If you qualify for the program, you may already be able to purchase a home as an owner/occupant with an FHA loan. Eligible borrowers would be those wh...
Rising home prices are pushing more people to rent that at any time in more than 50 years, according to a new report. A new analysis of Census Bureau data by the Pew Research Center found that more US households are headed by renters than at any time since at least 1965, according to a MarketWatch report.“The to...
The results from the FBI crime statistics are in, and Henderson Nevada made the 2012 list of the top 20 safest cities to live in the United States. Statistics took into account the size of the population vs the number of violent crimes, including rape and murder. Ironically, in 2008 Henderson also mad...
Retirees have been a player in the local economy for decades, but the breed of retiree has shifted over the course of the years. Sure, there’s always that snowbird looking to avoid harsh winters, but California has now overtaken the conversation as the largest feeder market for the Silver State. Simple real estat...
The final quarter of 2017 was full of market-moving headlines, including a rise in the short-term Fed Funds Rate, which is the rate at which banks lend to one another overnight, along with the passage of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. The tax bill energized markets, pushing U.S. Stocks to record highs. The rally was f...