Foreign national mortgages for Las Vegas investment properties are back!
Finally there is once again a company which can finance mortgage loans for foreign nationals that want to buy investment real estate in Las Vegas. The minimum down payment is 50% of the appraised value with a minimum loan amount of $100k, so properties purchased must be $200k or greater to meet program guidelines. The main program requirements are as follows:
- All foreign properties owned by the borrower must be listed on the Schedule of Real Estate Owned. Verification of mortgage payments, taxes and insurance is required
- A three year history of residence and job history is required.
- A US credit report is required if borrower already has a TIN or SS#
- An international credit report is required if no US credit report is available
- TIN or SS# is mandatory before funding, Visa or Passport allowing entry into the US is required for each borrower
- Most recent 2 months personal asset statements, with all pages included must be supplied. No screen shots.
- Foreign asset accounts must be approved by underwriting for down payment and reserves. It is preferred that funds be transferred to a US bank account. Any money transfer from a foreign account must be sourced.
- All foreign assets must be converted to US dollars on the application.
- Deposits must be sourced properly. If not able to source, then deposit(s) will not be counted.
- Business assets and Gift Funds may be allowed on a case by case basis
- If a borrower is married, and if full value of joint asset accounts is needed to qualify, then the spouse must be added to the application. Otherwise only 50% of the asset balances can be used for joint accounts.
- Foreign REO: 12 months PITI in reserves is required for each property
- Wage Earner: Most recent pay stub showing YTD income is required and most recent year’s W2 equivalent
- Self Employed: Prior 2 years personal and business tax returns plus a current Year to Date Profit and Loss Statement. CPA summary translation to English and US Dollar equivalents are required.
- Written Verification of Employment must be translated to English
- Foreign REO rental income may be considered, at 75% of gross rental, with 6 months canceled checks and a current lease agreement.
Team Leader, The Tonnesen Team
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Nevada
3185 St Rose Pkwy #100 Henderson, NV 89052
With over 30 years of experience helping families call Las Vegas "home!"
Related Blog Posts
There's a definite lack of housing inventory, and part of it can be attributed to sellers staying put Key Takeaways Most sellers are also hoping to buy, so they are facing the same market constraints as buyers. Housing supply has not kept up with demand because building has become increasin...
October is a fabulous month for feasting, feting and frightening! Here are just a few of the great events you can attend around the Las Vegas Valley. Cowboy Barbecue of Henderson Enjoy downtown Henderson's BBQ Cook Off competition and festival. Featuring the best BBQ vendors from across the U.S. Previous notable award...
When Linda and Todd Pendleton heard that their friends, Margie and Bill Frederick were thinking of selling their townhome in Sun City Summerlin, Linda suggested that they meet with me. They claimed to already have two agents in mind for the job. Reluctantly they met with me last Wednesday. After showing them what I and...
Who says you can’t buy brand new homes in Las Vegas under $70 per foot?! We get inquiries all the time from investors who are looking to purchase “fixer uppers” in this price per foot range. True, you can get more slightly square footage for a slightly lower price on resale homes that need some cosmetic help, but...
Need a home by the end of the year? This beautiful DR Horton community in the booming southwest area of Las Vegas has immediate move-ins on brand new homes! The neighborhood includes its own private park and a community pool, and homes come standard with granite countertops and low E windows. Check out this stand...