Foreign national mortgages for Las Vegas investment properties are back!
Finally there is once again a company which can finance mortgage loans for foreign nationals that want to buy investment real estate in Las Vegas. The minimum down payment is 50% of the appraised value with a minimum loan amount of $100k, so properties purchased must be $200k or greater to meet program guidelines. The main program requirements are as follows:
- All foreign properties owned by the borrower must be listed on the Schedule of Real Estate Owned. Verification of mortgage payments, taxes and insurance is required
- A three year history of residence and job history is required.
- A US credit report is required if borrower already has a TIN or SS#
- An international credit report is required if no US credit report is available
- TIN or SS# is mandatory before funding, Visa or Passport allowing entry into the US is required for each borrower
- Most recent 2 months personal asset statements, with all pages included must be supplied. No screen shots.
- Foreign asset accounts must be approved by underwriting for down payment and reserves. It is preferred that funds be transferred to a US bank account. Any money transfer from a foreign account must be sourced.
- All foreign assets must be converted to US dollars on the application.
- Deposits must be sourced properly. If not able to source, then deposit(s) will not be counted.
- Business assets and Gift Funds may be allowed on a case by case basis
- If a borrower is married, and if full value of joint asset accounts is needed to qualify, then the spouse must be added to the application. Otherwise only 50% of the asset balances can be used for joint accounts.
- Foreign REO: 12 months PITI in reserves is required for each property
- Wage Earner: Most recent pay stub showing YTD income is required and most recent year’s W2 equivalent
- Self Employed: Prior 2 years personal and business tax returns plus a current Year to Date Profit and Loss Statement. CPA summary translation to English and US Dollar equivalents are required.
- Written Verification of Employment must be translated to English
- Foreign REO rental income may be considered, at 75% of gross rental, with 6 months canceled checks and a current lease agreement.
Team Leader, The Tonnesen Team
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Nevada
3185 St Rose Pkwy #100 Henderson, NV 89052
With over 30 years of experience helping families call Las Vegas "home!"
Related Blog Posts
August 2017 Single Family Residential (SFR) closed sales were up 4.2% from July and 5.1% better than August 2016. Year to date 2017 closed sales are now up 10% over 2016. The median closed sales price of a SFR remained flat at $260,000 while the average closed sales price of an SFR dipped t...
According to Las Vegas Metro police, a lot of times the answer is NO! Whether you are selling a vacant home or in between tenants on a rental property, the home you think is vacant may not be unoccupied after all. This is an incident that actually happened to one of our Las Vegas real estate agents, Ed Orasi, just last...
First time Las Vegas home buyers dream come true! The buyer was determined to find the home of her dreams at a price she could afford, not always an easy task, but with Tami Jacobson, a star agent on the Tonnesen Team at Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, she was on the right path. Tami was able to identify th...
The Las Vegas High Roller, a 550 foot high observation wheel, is now officially open to the public! More than 100 feet taller than the Eye in London on the banks of the Thames River, the High Roller has 28 cars that can hold up to 40 people comfortably (including room to walk around) for a thrilling half hour ride and...
October is a fabulous month for feasting, feting and frightening! Here are just a few of the great events you can attend around the Las Vegas Valley. Cowboy Barbecue of Henderson Enjoy downtown Henderson's BBQ Cook Off competition and festival. Featuring the best BBQ vendors from across the U.S. Previous notable award...