Foreign national mortgages for Las Vegas investment properties are back!
Finally there is once again a company which can finance mortgage loans for foreign nationals that want to buy investment real estate in Las Vegas. The minimum down payment is 50% of the appraised value with a minimum loan amount of $100k, so properties purchased must be $200k or greater to meet program guidelines. The main program requirements are as follows:
- All foreign properties owned by the borrower must be listed on the Schedule of Real Estate Owned. Verification of mortgage payments, taxes and insurance is required
- A three year history of residence and job history is required.
- A US credit report is required if borrower already has a TIN or SS#
- An international credit report is required if no US credit report is available
- TIN or SS# is mandatory before funding, Visa or Passport allowing entry into the US is required for each borrower
- Most recent 2 months personal asset statements, with all pages included must be supplied. No screen shots.
- Foreign asset accounts must be approved by underwriting for down payment and reserves. It is preferred that funds be transferred to a US bank account. Any money transfer from a foreign account must be sourced.
- All foreign assets must be converted to US dollars on the application.
- Deposits must be sourced properly. If not able to source, then deposit(s) will not be counted.
- Business assets and Gift Funds may be allowed on a case by case basis
- If a borrower is married, and if full value of joint asset accounts is needed to qualify, then the spouse must be added to the application. Otherwise only 50% of the asset balances can be used for joint accounts.
- Foreign REO: 12 months PITI in reserves is required for each property
- Wage Earner: Most recent pay stub showing YTD income is required and most recent year’s W2 equivalent
- Self Employed: Prior 2 years personal and business tax returns plus a current Year to Date Profit and Loss Statement. CPA summary translation to English and US Dollar equivalents are required.
- Written Verification of Employment must be translated to English
- Foreign REO rental income may be considered, at 75% of gross rental, with 6 months canceled checks and a current lease agreement.
Team Leader, The Tonnesen Team
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Nevada
3185 St Rose Pkwy #100 Henderson, NV 89052
With over 30 years of experience helping families call Las Vegas "home!"
Related Blog Posts
There were 3,340Single Family; Condos & Town-homes closed transactions in December 2016. That’s up by 224 closed transactions compared to November 2016. December 2016 #’s- Resale 2,972 -89% Short Sales 162 -4.8% REO 206-6.2% No...
Just Listed: 3566 Fair Bluff Street Las Vegas, NV 89135 - Summerlin 1952: Howard Hughes Purchases the Land - The Future Master Planned Community of Summerlin Howard Hughes, Jr. acquired a 25,000-acre parcel along the then-barren western rim of the Las Vegas valley for a reported $3 an acre as a possible relocatio...
We'd like to formally introduce you to our brand new "team member" Mia Johnson, daughter of Las Vegas Realtor Brandon Johnson and his wife Alicia, who was born on March 27th at 10:02 pm weighing in at 8 pounds even. We believe in training our agents right from the cradle, so Mia will be able to show homes, write contra...
Christine Durno, a member of the Tonnesen Team, #1 at Berkshire Hathaway Home Services, Nevada Properties, St. Rose Office, has closed another Henderson home for sale and has very excited clients! She worked with them, their lender and their listing agent for 7 months, refining their search, obtaining the type of fin...
Christmas is coming early to residents of Las Vegas, Henderson, and North Las Vegas this year. Get in on a special Las Vegas HUD auction - only $100 total down payment for owner occupants! This is a spectacular opportunity to buy a Las Vegas real estate with a very nominal investment.Hudson and Marshall will be conduct...