Foreign national mortgages for Las Vegas investment properties are back!
Finally there is once again a company which can finance mortgage loans for foreign nationals that want to buy investment real estate in Las Vegas. The minimum down payment is 50% of the appraised value with a minimum loan amount of $100k, so properties purchased must be $200k or greater to meet program guidelines. The main program requirements are as follows:
- All foreign properties owned by the borrower must be listed on the Schedule of Real Estate Owned. Verification of mortgage payments, taxes and insurance is required
- A three year history of residence and job history is required.
- A US credit report is required if borrower already has a TIN or SS#
- An international credit report is required if no US credit report is available
- TIN or SS# is mandatory before funding, Visa or Passport allowing entry into the US is required for each borrower
- Most recent 2 months personal asset statements, with all pages included must be supplied. No screen shots.
- Foreign asset accounts must be approved by underwriting for down payment and reserves. It is preferred that funds be transferred to a US bank account. Any money transfer from a foreign account must be sourced.
- All foreign assets must be converted to US dollars on the application.
- Deposits must be sourced properly. If not able to source, then deposit(s) will not be counted.
- Business assets and Gift Funds may be allowed on a case by case basis
- If a borrower is married, and if full value of joint asset accounts is needed to qualify, then the spouse must be added to the application. Otherwise only 50% of the asset balances can be used for joint accounts.
- Foreign REO: 12 months PITI in reserves is required for each property
- Wage Earner: Most recent pay stub showing YTD income is required and most recent year’s W2 equivalent
- Self Employed: Prior 2 years personal and business tax returns plus a current Year to Date Profit and Loss Statement. CPA summary translation to English and US Dollar equivalents are required.
- Written Verification of Employment must be translated to English
- Foreign REO rental income may be considered, at 75% of gross rental, with 6 months canceled checks and a current lease agreement.
Team Leader, The Tonnesen Team
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Nevada
3185 St Rose Pkwy #100 Henderson, NV 89052
With over 30 years of experience helping families call Las Vegas "home!"
Related Blog Posts
One of the things I love most about calling Las Vegas home is the wide variety of entertainment we have access to, especially some of the “small” shows that few tourists ever notice as they scan box office lists sprinkled with international celebrities. There are some surprising gems in the smaller lounge type sho...
The very first appointment I had was with an extremely difficult client who was convinced his condo was just going to continue to be a money pit for him and his family. He admitted that most of the time he hung up on or cussed out every agent that called him because he truly didn't think anyone was actually out to help...
It's not as easy as it looks on TV Key Takeaways: A real estate agent's job is to make sure everyone else involved in the transaction is doing their job. Agents have to continually shift gears to quickly adapt and respond to customer needs. What does a real estate agent do? Oh, where t...
With summer coming, most of our inquiries for homes include one key ingredient: an inground swimming pool. While the four homes featured here may not be within your budget, they sure are fun to look at and dream on! Take a look at what just a few millions of dollars can buy you in a pool home. Enjoy! First up, La Mais...
Lenders are concerned over general economic conditions, and they are easing their credit standards to cope with the anticipated slowdown in market demand. Fannie Mae said in an outlook report that more lenders expect to implement less stringent standards in the next three months for GSE eligible, non-GSE eligible...