Foreign national mortgages for Las Vegas investment properties are back!
Finally there is once again a company which can finance mortgage loans for foreign nationals that want to buy investment real estate in Las Vegas. The minimum down payment is 50% of the appraised value with a minimum loan amount of $100k, so properties purchased must be $200k or greater to meet program guidelines. The main program requirements are as follows:
- All foreign properties owned by the borrower must be listed on the Schedule of Real Estate Owned. Verification of mortgage payments, taxes and insurance is required
- A three year history of residence and job history is required.
- A US credit report is required if borrower already has a TIN or SS#
- An international credit report is required if no US credit report is available
- TIN or SS# is mandatory before funding, Visa or Passport allowing entry into the US is required for each borrower
- Most recent 2 months personal asset statements, with all pages included must be supplied. No screen shots.
- Foreign asset accounts must be approved by underwriting for down payment and reserves. It is preferred that funds be transferred to a US bank account. Any money transfer from a foreign account must be sourced.
- All foreign assets must be converted to US dollars on the application.
- Deposits must be sourced properly. If not able to source, then deposit(s) will not be counted.
- Business assets and Gift Funds may be allowed on a case by case basis
- If a borrower is married, and if full value of joint asset accounts is needed to qualify, then the spouse must be added to the application. Otherwise only 50% of the asset balances can be used for joint accounts.
- Foreign REO: 12 months PITI in reserves is required for each property
- Wage Earner: Most recent pay stub showing YTD income is required and most recent year’s W2 equivalent
- Self Employed: Prior 2 years personal and business tax returns plus a current Year to Date Profit and Loss Statement. CPA summary translation to English and US Dollar equivalents are required.
- Written Verification of Employment must be translated to English
- Foreign REO rental income may be considered, at 75% of gross rental, with 6 months canceled checks and a current lease agreement.
Team Leader, The Tonnesen Team
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Nevada
3185 St Rose Pkwy #100 Henderson, NV 89052
With over 30 years of experience helping families call Las Vegas "home!"
Related Blog Posts
“But my Zestimate is higher than that”: 11 Things Sellers Should Know About Zillow's "Zestimate" calculations
Key Takeaways Zestimates do not take the finishes or updates into account -- the insides of the properties. Agents should describe to sellers how the Zestimate is calculated, and they can use the explanations on Zillow's own...
The last buyer I helped out was relocating to Las Vegas from the state of Washington. She was being relocated for work and needed a house in a 3-week timeframe! It is possible to close a deal that rapidly when working with a good lender and if the loan is easy to do, but this one ended up being quite a challenge. My cl...
Looks like the homebuying frenzy isn't going anywhere, at least for now. by Kathryn Vasel @KathrynVaselApril 14, 2017: 11:51 AM ET After the Federal Reserve raised its key interest rate nearly a month ago, many people expected mortgages rates to cree...
BUYING A NEWLY CONSTRUCTED HOME INVOLVES MANAGING A BIG PROJECT THAT NEEDS A REALTOR'S HELP KEY TAKEAWAYS:BUYING A NEW HOME IS NOT A SLAM DUNK; THERE IS A PROCESS TO MANAGE AND A MYRIAD OF DETAILS TO OVERSEE. IT IS IMPORTANT FOR A BUYER TO UNDERSTAND BOTH THEIR AND THE BUILDER'S OBLIGATIONS IN THE PROCESS. WHEN IT CO...
Debra Leatham, a premier agent on the #1 Tonnesen Team at Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Nevada Properties would like to share her experience in assisting a family in the purchase of a brand new home here in Las Vegas. This beautiful new home is located in the Richmond American community of Centennial Valley, just...