Foreign national mortgages for Las Vegas investment properties are back!
Finally there is once again a company which can finance mortgage loans for foreign nationals that want to buy investment real estate in Las Vegas. The minimum down payment is 50% of the appraised value with a minimum loan amount of $100k, so properties purchased must be $200k or greater to meet program guidelines. The main program requirements are as follows:
- All foreign properties owned by the borrower must be listed on the Schedule of Real Estate Owned. Verification of mortgage payments, taxes and insurance is required
- A three year history of residence and job history is required.
- A US credit report is required if borrower already has a TIN or SS#
- An international credit report is required if no US credit report is available
- TIN or SS# is mandatory before funding, Visa or Passport allowing entry into the US is required for each borrower
- Most recent 2 months personal asset statements, with all pages included must be supplied. No screen shots.
- Foreign asset accounts must be approved by underwriting for down payment and reserves. It is preferred that funds be transferred to a US bank account. Any money transfer from a foreign account must be sourced.
- All foreign assets must be converted to US dollars on the application.
- Deposits must be sourced properly. If not able to source, then deposit(s) will not be counted.
- Business assets and Gift Funds may be allowed on a case by case basis
- If a borrower is married, and if full value of joint asset accounts is needed to qualify, then the spouse must be added to the application. Otherwise only 50% of the asset balances can be used for joint accounts.
- Foreign REO: 12 months PITI in reserves is required for each property
- Wage Earner: Most recent pay stub showing YTD income is required and most recent year’s W2 equivalent
- Self Employed: Prior 2 years personal and business tax returns plus a current Year to Date Profit and Loss Statement. CPA summary translation to English and US Dollar equivalents are required.
- Written Verification of Employment must be translated to English
- Foreign REO rental income may be considered, at 75% of gross rental, with 6 months canceled checks and a current lease agreement.
Team Leader, The Tonnesen Team
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Nevada
3185 St Rose Pkwy #100 Henderson, NV 89052
With over 30 years of experience helping families call Las Vegas "home!"
Related Blog Posts
Having lived in Las Vegas for more than 30 years, we are pretty darned spoiled when it comes to quality world-class entertainment. Whenever we go on a cruise, we seldom go to the “shows” because they don’t even come close to what we have on the Vegas Strip. We are true “show snobs.” So when my husband asked a...
One of the most challenging aspects of the home-buying process is getting access to financing. Securing a loan can be even more difficult when you’re planning to build a house from the ground up instead of getting a mortgage to purchase an existing property. If you’re building instead of buying the home of...
Young Americans are delaying homeownership because they're burdened with student loan debt, waiting longer to get married and have kids, and spending more on renting. Some are still living with their parents — especially in certain parts of the country. Waiting longer to buy a home means there's...
You can unknowingly sabotage your home financing goals by making some obvious and not-so-obvious moves with your finances. Check out the list below to see if you know the top 10 things NOT to do when you are in the process of buying a home or refinancing. Do Not: Transfer money between accounts, unless receiving co...