Foreign national mortgages for Las Vegas investment properties are back!
Finally there is once again a company which can finance mortgage loans for foreign nationals that want to buy investment real estate in Las Vegas. The minimum down payment is 50% of the appraised value with a minimum loan amount of $100k, so properties purchased must be $200k or greater to meet program guidelines. The main program requirements are as follows:
- All foreign properties owned by the borrower must be listed on the Schedule of Real Estate Owned. Verification of mortgage payments, taxes and insurance is required
- A three year history of residence and job history is required.
- A US credit report is required if borrower already has a TIN or SS#
- An international credit report is required if no US credit report is available
- TIN or SS# is mandatory before funding, Visa or Passport allowing entry into the US is required for each borrower
- Most recent 2 months personal asset statements, with all pages included must be supplied. No screen shots.
- Foreign asset accounts must be approved by underwriting for down payment and reserves. It is preferred that funds be transferred to a US bank account. Any money transfer from a foreign account must be sourced.
- All foreign assets must be converted to US dollars on the application.
- Deposits must be sourced properly. If not able to source, then deposit(s) will not be counted.
- Business assets and Gift Funds may be allowed on a case by case basis
- If a borrower is married, and if full value of joint asset accounts is needed to qualify, then the spouse must be added to the application. Otherwise only 50% of the asset balances can be used for joint accounts.
- Foreign REO: 12 months PITI in reserves is required for each property
- Wage Earner: Most recent pay stub showing YTD income is required and most recent year’s W2 equivalent
- Self Employed: Prior 2 years personal and business tax returns plus a current Year to Date Profit and Loss Statement. CPA summary translation to English and US Dollar equivalents are required.
- Written Verification of Employment must be translated to English
- Foreign REO rental income may be considered, at 75% of gross rental, with 6 months canceled checks and a current lease agreement.
Team Leader, The Tonnesen Team
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Nevada
3185 St Rose Pkwy #100 Henderson, NV 89052
With over 30 years of experience helping families call Las Vegas "home!"
Related Blog Posts
7508 Bush Garden Ave,Las Vegas, NV 89129 5 beds 3 baths 2,896 sqft $410,000 Elevated patio overlooks 40-foot pool w/ Jacuzzi. Huge granite kitchen with 7 1/2-ft-long island and sep. breakfast area. Sep. dining rm. Formal living rm. Open concept family room off kitchen. Custom shutters. 3-car garage. Solar...
The Southern Nevada economy continues to expand, and the population base has responded accordingly. An influx of new residents has helped bolster demand in the housing market. With strengthening conditions experienced throughout 2017 expected to continue, similar housing supply-demand dynamics are likely to follow. In...
If you're looking to purchase a property in a neighborhood, community or building with shared common areas (like a pool, clubhouse, parking garage, etc.) or even a security gate, it's likely the community or neighborhood is maintained by a homeowners association, also known as a HOA. When you move into a community main...
Two master-planned communities in the Las Vegas Valley were among the top 10 nationally for home sales last year, a new report shows. Builders sold 769 new homes in Summerlin in 2016, up 28 percent from 2015. Buyers also picked up 564 new homes in Inspirada, up 45 percent, according to real estate consul...
We finally found a reputable lender with low fees and good rates that can do foreign national investor loans AND/OR loans on condo hotels. This is a "make sense" lender that can do portfolio loans outside the box. They have non warrantable condos and condo hotel financing for US citizens with 20% down payment, min...