Get free access to our world class MLS search tools, save your favorite listings, create saved searches & much more!

Single Family Home Inventory - Market Update for April 2012

Posted by Mastura Zaini-Roberts on Thursday, April 26th, 2012 at 12:45pm.

As of April 26th, only 4,594 single family homes remain listed in the Las Vegas MLS as active (not under contract) in Clark County. Our inventory is continuing to shrink as few, if any, bank foreclosures are reaching the market due to the restrictions of AB 284.

The sale of lower priced housing, in particular, is really active. This week one of our agents had an offer in on a home that had received over 70 offers within just a few days, most above list price!

The current market breakdown looks like this:

874 homes priced under $100k - including 361short sales and 225 foreclosures
1644 homes priced between $100k and $200k - including 664 short sales and 278 foreclosures
846 homes priced between $200k and $300k - including 262 short sales and 89 foreclosures
454 homes priced between $300 and $400k - including 95 short sales and 32 foreclosures
208 homes priced between $400k and $500k - including 36 short sales and 5 foreclosures
221 homes priced between $500k and $750k - including 33 short sales and 10 foreclosures
143 homes priced between $750k and $1M - including 25 short sales and 5 foreclosures
285 homes priced over 1M - including 20 short sales and 4 foreclosures

These figures tell us that about 32.5% of the available inventory homes are short sales and only about 14% are foreclosures, totaling less than 48% of the Las Vegas market inventory. All the rest, just over 52%, are "traditional" sellers, whether they are actual owner occupants or investors.

Mastura Roberts
(702) 919-5400
offers@greatlasvegashomes.com

Team Leader, The Tonnesen Team
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Nevada
3185 St Rose Pkwy #100 Henderson, NV 89052

With over 30 years of experience helping families call Las Vegas "home!"



Related Blog Posts

Just Sold Las Vegas Home – 9520 Bluff Ledge Avenue Las Vegas, Nevada 89149

VA Buyers find their dream home! Anthony Alfonzo of the #1 Tonnesen Team here at Berkshire Hathaway had the distinct pleasure to represent a proud military veteran and his lovely family. This Las Vegas home was the one they wanted to settle down in and raise their two younger daughters and still have room for their...

2019 Las Vegas Relocation Guide

2019 LAS VEGAS RELOCATION GUIDE   This is a great resource for information about las vegas -- for locals and for those planning to relocate.CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD:  2019 LAS VEGAS RELOCATION GUIDE  This Guide contains valuable updated information about all of the below and more !- Zip code map of th...

Hello to Berkshire Hathaway Real Estate in Las Vegas!

Every year in March, Prudential Americana hosts a huge awards ceremony blowout to honor the outstanding agents in the company. There is a lavish breakfast, the mimosas flow freely, and our affiliated Home Benefits vendors display their wares and have the agents draw for prizes ranging from gift cards to rounds of golf....

New Home Developments Sprouting in Las Vegas Valley Again!

While the resale market for Las Vegas single family homes seems to be holding steady at around 6500 listings actively on the market (not yet under contract) and still tilted towards a seller's market, Las Vegas new home builders are finally opening up new developments around the Valley. Spring in Sprung! With the much...

Your Client Centric Las Vegas Realtor - Nadia Hasso-Bradley

In every Las Vegas Real Estate transaction, a relationship is built. I had the pleasure of having many great client relationships. However, one example was reaching out to a seller with an expired listing. Which means that it failed to sell within the contracted timeline. I reached out to this client about 2 years ago,...

Leave a Comment

Have a Question?

Contact Us

Follow Us