Nevada and Las Vegas are great places to own and operate a small business.
Highlights of this year’s survey include:
- More than 81 percent of those surveyed believe Nevada’s economy is headed in the right direction. That was roughly 10 percent more than those who said the same about the national economy.
- The top concerns for businesses continue to be healthcare costs, government regulation and business taxes—while their biggest challenge is hiring and retaining quality employees.
- Nearly 3 in 5 respondents believe Nevada’s business environment has gotten better over the past year. In addition, more than half (53.5 percent) of small business respondents saw increases in their business revenues or sales over the past 12 months.
- A majority of respondents believe that interest rates will increase over the next year. More than half (50.2 percent) of respondents expect interest rates to increase modestly in 2019, following the rate increases in 2018.
- More than 39 percent of respondents are in favor of using incentives to attract new businesses and investments to the state.
- Roughly 38 percent of respondents believe that bringing major sporting events to Southern Nevada will have a positive impact on their small business.
See the full report here -- 2019 Small Business Survey