You can unknowingly sabotage your home financing goals by making some obvious and not-so-obvious moves with your finances. Check out the list below to see if you know the top 10 things NOT to do when you are in the process of buying a home or refinancing.
- Transfer money between accounts, unless receiving complete documentation from your bank, itemizing all transfers.
- Make unnecessary checking or savings account transactions, such as withdrawals or deposits
- Leave an existing job - changing jobs may mean you don't have an appropriate work history, especially if you change fields of employment as well.
- Allow your bank accounts to go into a negative balance, even if you have overdraft protection
- Apply for credit in any form, including credit for major purchases (such as a car or furniture), or apply for credit to consolidate or change existing credit
- Co-sign on any debt with a family member or anyone else. Even if you are not making the payments, it will affect your debt to income ratio.
- Ask a tenant to move out, or give your landlord notice that you are moving out
- Delay paying all debts on time
- Pay a bill in collections. If about to pay a bill in collections from a collection agency, try to pay it at closing
- Have a friend or family member pay for anything related to the purchase of the home (appraisal, earnest money, down payment, etc.), since gifts are only allowed under certain guidelines.
- Don't lie on your loan application. Even though that sounds obvious, if you neglect to mention a debt or liability or over report your income, it's considered fraud.
For information on hard money loans in Las Vegas, call us at 702-985-7654.
Team Leader, The Tonnesen Team
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Nevada
3185 St Rose Pkwy #100 Henderson, NV 89052
With over 30 years of experience helping families call Las Vegas "home!"
Related Blog Posts
If you have been thinking about buying a home in Las Vegas in the next five weeks, Fannie Mae might pay 3.5% of your closing costs! This spring, in an effort to move some of the foreclosure inventory in its portfolio quickly, Fannie Mae is offering a special closing cost incentive for owner/occupants who go to contract...
There were 3,340Single Family; Condos & Town-homes closed transactions in December 2016. That’s up by 224 closed transactions compared to November 2016. December 2016 #’s- Resale 2,972 -89% Short Sales 162 -4.8% REO 206-6.2% No...
The mission statement of the new Smith Center for the Performing Arts in Las Vegas reads: “To build and establish a high quality performing arts center that is embraced by the community and recognized as a vital force by supporting artistic excellence, education and inspiration for all.” Well, mission accomplished!...
As the old saying goes, the early bird gets the worm. But if you are a consumer using one of the national real estate sites like Zillow, Trulia, Homes.com, Redfin or Realtor.com to find a home, not only are you missing out on a gourmet breakfast, you are actually paying through the nose to go hungry! As agents, we ge...